Here’s a list of projects that I’ve created. They have varying levels of completion and documentation.
dfm - the dotfiles manager
Dfm is a utility that manages dotfiles. It makes it easy to install (and uninstall) your dotfiles on new servers as well as fetch and merge changes from other machines, and simplifies working with your dotfiles repository no matter what directory you are in.
- Homepage: https://github.com/justone/dfm
- Documentation: https://github.com/justone/dotfiles/wiki
- Blog posts: posts tagged ‘dfm’
- Starter repo: https://github.com/justone/dotfiles
dockviz - visualize Docker data
Dockviz is a utility for visualizing various Docker data. It is primarily used to show the hierarchy of image layers. It was initially part of Docker core but was split out a couple years ago.
- Homepage: https://github.com/justone/dockviz
pmb - the personal message bus
The personal message bus is a system for bringing disparate agents together securely for personal productivity. The first use case was copying remote data to the local clipboard, but it has expanded to streaming log files and remote notification.
- Homepage: https://github.com/justone/pmb
skeg - simple docker development environments
Skeg greatly simplifies the process of isolating your development environment in a Docker container. It looks something like a lightweight vagrant.
holen - utility fetcher
Holen is a utility that fetches utilities, somewhat like Homebrew, but focused on static binaries and Docker images that contain a single utility. Plus, it works on Linux and Windows too.
- Homepage: https://github.com/holen-app/holen
envbox - secure, easy access to secret environment variables
Envbox is a utility that makes it easy to manage environment variables like GITHUB_TOKEN. There are quite a few tools that use these kinds of variables, and putting them into your environment in a secure way is difficult. Envbox makes it easy.
- Homepage: https://github.com/justone/envbox
- git_backup.pl - easily backup with git
- remotecopy - copy data from remote terminals into your local clipboard
- outputdiff - quickly find differences in output
- archdiff - diff summary for archives
- slair - fix Slack profile name, with flair
There are many other smaller repositories on Github.